We thank you for your support as we celebrate The PRASAD Project’s 30th Anniversary!
PRASAD has a solid history of humanitarian work, even before its incorporation on March 13, 1992. Starting in the 1960s, following the compassionate vision of our founders, many dedicated volunteers began serving tribal Adivasi communities in the Tansa Valley, India.
This marked the beginning of the distinguishing attribute of PRASAD’s work: working in partnership with people to develop and deliver a wide range of services to address the numerous challenges faced by underserved communities.
Serving communities in India, Mexico, and the U.S, PRASAD’s strategies for success have been simple: make the most of every dollar, master the art of collaboration, and stay nimble, adaptive, and innovative. Today, we are incredibly proud to report that:
- The Mobile Hospital has provided medical services to more than 1 million people living in rural villages.
- The eye care and surgery programs have helped more than 250,000 people.
- The Nutrition Program has provided 570,000 nutritious supplements to children and pregnant and nursing women.
- More than 10,000 families have started kitchen gardens, improving their food and livelihood security.
- There are 3,069 women participating in Self-Help Groups, and more than 16,000 women have participated in trainings.
In the U.S.:
The Children’s Dental Health Program has provided dental health education classes and dental services to more than 90,000 children.
Volunteer doctors have surgically restored the vision of nearly 33,000 adults and children.
We would like to extend our deepest gratitude to Gurumayi Chidvilasananda, the Spiritual Head of the Siddha Yoga path, whose vision and guidance have been the core inspiration for PRASAD. We also offer thanks to the SYDA Foundation for their continued support.
As we look ahead, we are optimistic about the future. We believe that our communities can not only recover but thrive after the pandemic, powered by people’s resilience and the generosity of our supporters.
We are committed to continuing our work to fulfill our vision of healthy communities prospering in harmony with the natural environment by investing in improving our capability to deliver innovative services today and for many generations to come.
To achieve this, we are launching a 30th Anniversary Campaign. To learn more and support go to www.prasad.org/30th-anniversary
The Board of Trustees and the Executive Director